JOB: Research Associate or Research Fellow in Methane Emissions
Sustainable Gas Institute is seeking to appoint an excellent Research Associate or Research Fellow to join our outstanding team to deliver world-leading research relating to methane emissions in energy supply chains. More broadly, the postholder will work with the SGI team to explore the future role of natural gas and low carbon gaseous fuels in decarbonising energy systems from an interdisciplinary (engineering, environmental, economic and policy) perspective.
Duties and responsibilities
Your main duties & responsibilities will include:
- developing highly-detailed supply chain models of natural gas systems, using sound knowledge of natural gas systems from a process and environmental engineering perspective.
- developing estimates of emissions related to shipping, and to identify key emissions sources on ships and associated mitigation strategies.
- publishing and disseminating research at leading international journals and conferences, engaging with academic, industrial and political institutions to maximise impact of SGI research.
- writing proposals for and win funding for new research
- assisting in supervision of students
Further information about the post is available in the job description.
You must hold a PhD in Chemical/Environmental Engineering or a closely related discipline.
You will have previous experience in the following areas:
- publication in relevant and refereed journals
- modelling techno-economic and environmental impacts of product supply chains or processes, specifically life cycle assessments using Matlab, Stata, GaBi and Aspen (or similar software).
- dealing with specific groups of people, e.g. sponsors
Informal enquiries about the post can be made to Dr Paul Balcombe on (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Closing date: midnight on 16 December 2019
Salary: £40,215 – £47,579 plus benefits
Application: Our preferred method of application is online via the Imperial College website.
Duration: The post is available from 1 January 2020 for 24 months in the first instance, with the possibility of extension. The post is based in the Department of Chemical Engineering (Sustainable Gas Institute office) at Imperial College London (South Kensington Campus).