Sustainable Gas Research Innovation 2017
The Sustainable Gas Institute (SGI) and Research Centre for Gas Innovation (RCGI) are hosting their second annual conference in natural gas sustainability in São Paulo, Brazil.
This is a unique conference that will bring stakeholders together to meet; share knowledge, exchange ideas, gain insight, and showcase expertise to fully understand the role of natural gas in the global energy landscape.
Dates: Tuesday 19th and Wednesday 20th September 2017
Location: University of São Paulo
The conference will take place at the University of Sao Paulo in CDI – (Centro de Difusão Internacional) – Auditorium, Av. Prof. Lúcio Martins Rodrigues, 222 – Butantã, São Paulo – SP, 05508-020
Invitees: If you are interested in attending, please email us at SGI@imperial.ac.uk.
Dr. Rob Littel, General Manager Gas Separation from Royal Dutch Shell
Prof Jose Goldemberg, President from FAPESP
Dr David Daniel , Chief Energy Modeler , U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA)
Prof Li Zheng, Professor & Dean, Department of Thermal Engineering, Tsinghua University
The full agenda can be downloaded from the RCGI website.
DAY 1: Tuesday, 19th Sept 2017
08.30-09.00 ——– Registration and welcome coffee
- Welcome by Dr Adam Hawkes and Prof Julio Meneghini
- Keynote from Dr. Rob Littel, Royal Dutch Shell and Prof Jose Goldemberg, FAPESP
- Sessions from the Research Centre for Gas Innovation – Engineering
- SGI White Papers from the Energy Analysis and Policy team
- Panel debate – “An international perspective: Innovation in natural gas” What role will gas, biogas, hydrogen and ccs play in the future energy mix?
- Professor Alvaro Prata – Professor and Chief of Brazilian Secretary of Technological Development and Innovation
- Dr David Daniels, Chief Energy Modeler, U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA)
- Professor Zheng Li, Professor & Dean, Department of Thermal Engineering, Tsinghua University
- Dr Decio Oddone – President of EPE (not confirmed yet)
- Dr. Plinio Nastari – Member of the “Conselho Nacional de Políticas Energéticas” (already confirmed)
18.30-21.00———Networking (with canapés/cocktails)
DAY 2: Wednesday, 20th Sept 2017
08.00-08.30 ——– Registration and coffee
08.30-08.50 ———Welcome introduction to day 2
- Keynotes from Dr David Daniels, EIA and Prof Zheng Li, Tsinghua University
- Research Centre for Gas Innovation – Physical/Chemistry
- SGI – Research Translation and Commercialisation
- SGI – Energy Systems Modelling (MUSE)
- Research Centre for Gas Innovation – Energy Policies/Economics
20:30-22.00——– Conference Dinner
The conference hotel is Radisson Blu São Paulo.
Av. Cidade Jardim, 625
Below is the hotel’s distance from both airports:
Congonhas (9 km / 25 mins)
São Paulo Guarulhos ( 35 km / 1 hour)