Instructions for posters and talks for SGRI 2018
On-site technical support will be provided to facilitate and coordinate the smooth delivery of all oral presentations for the parallel sessions. However, it is important that you adhere to the following guidelines.
Project talks for the parallel sessions should be no longer than 15 minutes (with 5 min. for discussions) unless marked in the timetable differently. As a guide, 5-7 slides might be considered as the maximum number for a talk of this length.
- Please submit your presentation on or before Thursday 20th September by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Each talk has an ID “B.P.R” meaning: block “B”, the parallel session “P”, run “R”. (For example: talk with ID code 3.2.B will be presented in block 3, parallel session 2 and run sequence B).
- Make sure your name, the title of your talk, and ID are indicated in the subject of your e-mail message and in the document name.
Posters should not be longer than 5-7 slides. You will have 10 minutes in total to present your poster with five minutes for Q&A.
- Please bring your posters on your laptops to the main coffee hall.
- There will be 18 posters presented in each poster session, 2 presentations per screen.
- Each screen will have a side table and an HDMI cable ready for you to connect your own notebook. Please make sure your device is HDMI ready and with enough battery power.
Please follow the instructions below:-
- Audiovisual staff will be happy to assist in resolving any technical issues.
- Bring with you a copy of your presentation on a USB flash drive.
- Computers onsite will be PC´s. The following file formats are supported: *.ppt *.pps *.pptx *.ppsx *The preferred format is .pdf.
- Projector format: The standard format of the projectors in the conference rooms will be 16:9
- Presentations must be prepared in English.
- Remember that as well as providing an introduction to your research and its goals, it is useful to communicate the anticipated impact of your work and future timeline. Sponsors such as Shell and FAPESP will be present and will find this valuable.
For any question, you can contact us by email: email@example.com.